Be An Active Supporter
Please Click "Donate" to support:
Become a Salam Audio Backer! Your contribution will help us manage our website and app and create more Islamic audio books and lectures in different languages to spread the message of Islam to man kind.
We need help!
Reaching this goal will allow us to hire our first employee to get some help with creating more Audio Books content. We could use your backing for all of the website development, app development, and faster web server.
Join the Salam Audio Backers' Club!
We'll use your donation to help make Salam Audio better for everyone.
Here is the story of Salam Audio
My name is Haroon Malik and in the next few minutes I will be introducing you to Salam Audio App that unleashes the power of spoken word
Growing up I was addicted to music, mainly Rap and…Bollywood (I am sure I am not the only one…admit it!) I come from the generation that connected to internet using dial up modem and listened to our favorite beats on cassette players (I am not that old).
But in my days of turning towards straight path and replacing my bad habit of listening to vulgar songs, I was given this alternative:
Yep....a Nasheed bank that is not even English!
I decided to just listen to the Quran – but since I didn’t know Arabic, I had to switch to English translation, which sounded like my 10th grade Shakespeare class.
Later on in life I finally discovered this amazing thing called “Book”. There is no doubt Islamic lectures add a lot of value in our life. But reading books can add a totally different dimension to your learning...and so I read books all types of Islamic, motivational and business books which I wish I had started this habit earlier in life.
During my college days (I am starting to sound old now), my first cell phone (that's right parents...what are you thinking giving your child a cell phone in 5th grade) didn’t have apps and access to the world. The only distraction it had was game “Snakes” (much better addiction than catching pikachu)
If we were to listen to Islamic lectures, we had to carry this while travelling:
As technology is getting advanced we have lots of distractions around us and our young ones, but this technology can be used to our advantage if we utilize it properly.
- I don’t want my kids and youth to listen to English translation of Quran read by Shakespeare.
- Our sisters who are taking care of our kids must have an alternative to listening to Islamic Books while their hands are full.
- I want our working brothers and sisters to actually enjoy the trip to work and gain reward while commuting, by listening to something that’ll benefit them.
- All of above without killing your cell phone data by watching video lectures on YouTube.
All these reasons compelled me to develop the website and app “Salam Audio”
Salam Audio is an online library of Islamic books, courses and lectures. You have the ability to track your progress for each book/course and have the ability to access it anytime by logging into your account from any device!
Ok..so Br. Haroon, this sounds all great….What content can I expect from Salam Audio?
- English translation of the Holy Quran
- 40 Hadith
- Towards Understanding Islam (best book for basic intro to Islam…in my opinion)
- Riyad Us-Saliheen (1st book consisting close to 700 hadith)
- …do you want me to keep going!
- Check out all of Salam Audio’s Content -->Click Here<--
All of above content that you can simply listen to (hence the name Salam Audio!) from any device. And the best part...it is Absolutely FREE.
There is course on parenting, lectures by various scholars and teachers on marriage to topics targeted to youth and children; basically, there is something for everyone at Salam Audio. What you have is priceless content you can use to help turn around your life practically and add value to your society, right away.
You will Get Unlimited Access to all of Salam Audio’s Courses, Lectures and Audio Books
How Can You Help?
I have paid for the development of website, Android and IOS apps from my pocket, translated a lot of audio books on Salam Audio myself, recorded English translation of the entire Quran and by the grace of Allah, Salam Audio is finally a reality.
But This Is Not The End?
Islam is for everyone and we want to take Salam Audio globally; your contribution can help us hire people who can help us create content in other languages.
Where Your Money Goes:
Some of Salam Audio’s major monthly costs include web site hosting, production of audio books, app maintenance and web development.
With my full-time job, I can make limited amount of Audio Books during weekends or if I get free time after work (I have to read a book, record it, edit it and then post it on website). Hiring some help would free up time to make more of your favorite Audio Books.
There is still a lot of enhancement that we need to make to our app and website. We would also like to move to hosting servers that are much faster and can handle heavy traffic. Most importantly, Salam Audio has to be totally FREE for everyone for life.
Islam is not a religion for people speaking English, Urdu and Arabic. If you have traveled internationally, you'll be surprised to know that there are other languages spoken in the world besides the one you are speaking at home!
It is hard to believe that there aren’t many Audio Books in English but can you imagine other languages and what limited resources they have, to learn Islam? We can not accomplish this dream of Global Salam Audio without hiring help (I am sorry...I can't speak Mandarin)
Here is what Salam Audio can promise with your backing:
- More Islamic Audio Books
- Lots of content for Children and Family (can you imagine those productive long drives)
- Faster servers so there is minimum loading time for listeners
- Further enhancing our app and website
- All of our content available in multiple languages (English, Urdu and Arabic is by default!)
Can you imagine a FREE resource for Islamic Audio Books, lectures and courses, in multiple languages serving Muslims globally.
Here is what Allah promises:
- “The likeness of those who spend their wealth in the Way of Allah, is as the likeness of a grain (of corn); it grows seven ears, and each ear has a hundred grains. Allah gives manifold increase to whom He pleases. And Allah is All-Sufficient, All-Knower.” [Al-Baqarah 2:261]
- Abu Huraira (Radhiallahu anhu) reported: Allah’s Messenger (salAllahu alayhi wa sallam) as saying: He who called (people) to righteousness, there would be reward (assured) for him like the rewards of those who adhered to it, without their rewards being diminished in any respect. [Sahih Muslim – Book #034 – Hadith #6470]
- Allah SWT says: “… and spend something (in charity) out of the provision which we have bestowed you, before death should come to any of you and he should say, o my Rabb! Why do you not give me respite for a little while? I should then have given (largely) in charity, and I should have been one of the doers of good.” (Qur’an, 63:10)
- Abu Huraira (RadhiAllahu ‘anhu) reported: Allah’s Messenger ﷺ as saying: When a man dies, his acts come to an end, but three, recurring charity or knowledge (by which people) benefit, or a pious son, who prays for him (for the deceased). [Sahih Muslim – Book 13 – Hadith 4005]
Click On The Button "Donate" and be part of the revolution
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I pledge from outside of the U.S.?
Yes, please. We need your help too.
Do I have to pledge in US Dollars?
No, pledge in any currency! Everything is written in Dollars, but it will be automatically converted when you pledge.
I can only afford a one-dollar pledge, but does it really make a difference?
Yes, every dollar makes a huge difference! Your one-dollar may be just what we needed to launch a new Audio Book.
Can I stop donating in the future?
Yes of course! We only want you to give when you feel led to do so. If you can't afford to donate in the future, or you need to donate less, we'll still be friends. Remember!...Small but consistent deeds are more beloved to Allah.
I just want to give, do I have to sign up for free account?
No, you dot have to sign up for Salam Audio or download our app to benefit from our amazing content. If you'd just like to give, then click on the button that says "Become A Backer" and you can give your donation amount on the next page (Why wouldn't you want to get free membership to Salam Audio in the first place?)
I have other questions!
If you have other questions about the rewards or how Patreon works that you don't see listed here, then feel free to email us at email@example.com